Saturday, August 20, 2011

1st Post, Conversations with Jesus

<p>"Go and thirst no more", said Jesus to the woman at the well.&#160; Women at the Well is a blog sharing my conversations with Jesus each morning ( let me note here, I am in no way an expert in religion or theology, but only God's messenger).&#160; As women, we have so many roles we play every day and in my experience, it can be so overwhelming and exhausting in our busy lives.&#160; My heart is often broken by the stories I hear in the checkout lane at Walmart, school functions, phone conversations, hair salons and simple gatherings with friends.&#160; Stories of which i can relate and some which i cannot, but in respect to them all, i carry this genuine tender place for each and every one of them.&#160; In a consuming fog of stories, I sometimes find myself weeping and praying.... and this is the morning when Jesus said, "meet me at the well".&#160;&#160; <br>

Let me give u my birds-eye view of these conversations at the well.....the desert produces a hot breezy wind, sometimes thick and heavy with the pelting of sand in your face, making it hard to find your way in this baron land.&nbsp; The rags I am wearing r hot and acting as a parachute, making it difficult to keep the pace but providing the protection needed to walk the land set between me and my Destination.&nbsp; As I walk I'm thinking about what it is we will chat about today and what wisdom will come from the King.&nbsp; Some days I am anxious and others I'm tired and weary but, as you would imagine, the time is always breathless.&nbsp; As I approach the well, there is no distinct sight of Him but this silhoette i cannot make out b/c of blowing sand and my need for water.  My thirst is distorting my vision and I feel as if I might faint and then there it is; that familiar gentle touch of my Makers hand, assisting me to the well and offering me a cool drink of water, satisfying my thirsts.  It is here that we sit, leaning against the rocky well, talking; just Him n I, like old friends, nothing formal, just Him and I, relaxing, sandals off with our feet in the hot pedicuring sand..... laughing; just Him and I.  Im trying to control my excitement in the coming words of great wisdom from the Author Himself on whatever it is He decides to share and when He does, it is my most rewarding moment each day when spent with Jesus at the well.

No comments:

Post a Comment